Currently there are 3 truly online roguelike games:
1) TomeNET (http://tomenet.eu)
2) mAngband ( http://mangband.org )
3) PWMAngband ( http://powerwyrm.monsite-orange.fr ).
- PernMAngband it was actually TomeNET, which was renamed cause copyright Pern issues.
- TomeNET is the most popular online roguelike; but also there are two more online roguelike games - MAngband (was 1st online roguelike ever) and PWMAngband (got some pretty revolutionary stuff). I like this games, but it's hard to call them 'MMO-roguelike' (Massively Multiplayer Online), as I call TomeNET. They are more 'MO-roguelikes' (Multiplayer Online)... TomeNET got ~1.5k accounts, pretty big population which come and go, so it's surely could be called MMO game.
- I tried hard to be able to play Nethack online, but didn't get success; it seems all devs abandoned their work long time ago.
Also some online games with strong roguelike elements:
2) Mystera Legacy
3) RPG MO
4) RotMG (not too roguelikish, but interesting)
Warm and cozy place to discuss roguelikes
1 post • Page 1 of 1
http://youtube.com/GlazGame — streams in english // http://youtube.com/StreamGuild — streams in russian